What we do
Ecopare’s LED lighting team have delivered many lighting projects for both independent and state schools.
Our approach is to provide a fully supportive role in converting your current lighting to LED. This includes:
- Running LED lighting trials in classrooms
- Developing new lighting designs
- Delivering investment grade lighting audits and business plans for the Board of Governors
- LED lighting installation and commissioning
The types of projects we have delivered include upgrading Sports Halls, Activity Halls, Classrooms, Lecture Theatres, Kitchens and school offices.
We have an extremely experienced installation team who are all DBS checked and have successfully delivered many School LED lighting projects.
Why choose Ecopare?
- We are experienced in delivering LED lighting upgrade projects
- We provide detailed before-and-after energy consumption information to verify the savings
- To us it's not just about lighting but about upgrading the teaching environment
- We work with funding partners like SALIX and The Carbon Trust to reduce your costs
- We install around your school schedule - after hours, weekends or during holidays
- We are ISO9001, ISO14001 and SafeContractor accredited
- We have a full list of references that we are happy for you to contact before engaging with us.
LED lighting grants for schools
If you are considering an LED Lighting project then there are a few options for grant funding or interest free loans depending on what type of school you are.
For state schools you can access the SALIX funding stream for an interest free loan payable on the saving you make from the project. For smaller independent schools the Carbon Trust Green Business Fund is a way of gaining up to £5,000 towards your LED Lighting Project.
Ecopare is an accredited Carbon Trust Supplier for LED Lighting so is able to access the Green Business Fund on your behalf.
Sample projects we have completed
Classroom upgrade to LEDOverview
Replacement of 600x600 T8 trays and linear T8 fittings with LED across a whole school. Upgrading of emergency lighting system to meet current guidelines.Results
- 65% reduction in energy consumption
- 100% reduction in noise levels compared to the old lighting
- 20 years of zero maintenance
Sports Hall Upgrade to LEDOverview
Replacement of 50 off 400W Metal Halide lamps to 24 LED high bays to provide 500 lux light. Installation of lighting control to reduce light to 10% when no-one is in the hall.
- 90% reduction in energy consumption
- Increase in light levels from 160 lux to 500 lux
- 30 years of zero maintenance
Library Upgrade to LEDOverview
Replacement of old linear T8 fittings with LED linear fittings during refurbishment of the library.
- 70% reduction in energy consumption
- Increase in light levels from 220 lux to 500 lux
- 22 years of zero maintenance
Some of our Clients
Get in touch
We would be delighted to carry out a free site visit to assess your lighting needs.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 688170
"Ecopare have been a pleasure to deal with. They planned the first phase of a lighting improvement programme with us, helped us access funding from The Carbon Trust and completed the works in a very professional manner. The LED lighting has transformed the areas where it has been fitted and has been favourably commented on by pupils, teachers and parents. As the Bursar I am pleased at the idea of lower energy costs! I look forward to working with Ecopare on phase two".
Bursar, The Hawthorns School, Surrey